You are Never Too Old for a Beautiful Smile!
Braces aren’t just for kids anymore. Tooth alignment can be changed at any age if your gums and bone structure are healthy. We offer a variety of treatments that are designed for different age groups – including adults. A new smile can begin today!
Orthodontic treatment at later stages in life can dramatically improve your personal appearance and self-esteem.
Improving the health of your teeth and gums is equally important. Crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the teeth, headaches, and jaw pain (TMJ/TMD).
At The Schulhof Center at KinderSmiles, our patients include those who previously had braces as a child and are looking to touch up their smile to individuals who are seeking treatment for the first time. Adults seeking treatment for the first time tend to do so for a number of reasons:
- To eliminate chewing difficulties due to a bad bite or malocclusion, which occurs when teeth do not align properly
- Correcting teeth that are crowded or spaced too far apart so that tooth decay or gum disease does not become an issue
- Alleviating jaw pain or headaches caused by pressure from crooked teeth
- To improve oral health and obtain a more confident smile
- Treatment options are available for adults
Many adults have avoided treatment because they wanted to avoid traditional metal braces. These patients can benefit from a variety of customized dental appliances, some of which are even invisible.
Dr. Schulhof will determine the type of braces you may need after an initial consultation based on:
- The severity of your bite
- The need for headgear or other special appliances to correct certain dental problems
- The degree of crowding or misalignment that’s present
- The amount of time you will need to wear braces to correct your problem
- How you want to look in your braces
Many of our patients are adults, and they agree that it’s never too late to improve their greatest asset – their smile. To start the journey to achieve the beautiful, confident smile you always dreamed about, contact us today.